Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Carrying the Banner

Hermana Ostler
Well, another transfer, gone. Hermana Beckstead and I were both transferred out of Sáenz Peña and our area was closed... temporarily. We were sad to have to say good bye to that little town. I was really sad. But now, a new chapter is beginning in a new place: Corrientes. Hna. Ostler and I are whitewashing in. And it's... LOCO. Our area is right in the middle of the city. It's a whole new world across the Rio Paraná. But we're going to kill it. The Lord wants us here for something.

Our last week in Sáenz Peña was a good one. We had a lot of fun on Thanksgiving, even though no one in this country even knows what Thanksgiving is. We ate with the familia Guazo. It was super fun. They made some chicken and potatoes and Hna. Beckstead and I brought an apple pie and peach cobbler to contribute to the festivities. We also made hand turkeys for everyone and we all shared what we were thankful for. It was really great. There's always a special spirit when you talk about the blessings you have and the things your're thankful for.

Our "Thanksgiving" with the Guazo Family
As it's now December, our Book of Mormon challenge is over. We finished yesterday reading Moroni's invitation to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it. President gave us this challenge to help us as a mission increase our faith. And I would definitely say that my faith has been increased. Reading the Book of Mormon that fast definitely has its benefits. You come to understand more the timeline of the Book of Mormon and the who's and where's of all the events that take place. You also come to notice the themes that run throughout the whole history. There's something I love in the Book of Mormon which is the missionary stories... surprise, surprise... But seriously. It helps me have more faith and more strength to keep doing the work everyday. If they can do it, why not me? I may have just been thrown into a new place without any clue of how to do anything, but what I do know, is that what we carry is the truth. The Book of Mormon has the power to change people. It's changed me. And I know it can do the same for the people of Corrientes. We've just gotta find them.
Walking Home in the rain

I love you all. I hope the first week of December is fantastic.
Love from,
Hermana Hein

No comments:

Post a Comment