Monday, January 12, 2015

Ch-ch-ch-ch Changes...

Yeah. I would be lying if I said I didn't want to listen to David Bowie right now. But that's not even the point. The point is that there are some GRAND changes taking place here in the mission. Really, in all the missions in South America South. As missionaries, we have these 'key indicators' or numbers that we shoot for everyday. Things like, "lessons taught with a member present" "Lessons with less active members" and so forth. We set goals for how many of each we want for the next day. Yeah. All of those numbers. GONE. We don't set goals for those things anymore. I don't know if the gravity of this situation will translate here in this meager email, but let me just tell you... it changed our WHOLE way of working. And I LOVE it.

Before, all we wanted was numbers. And it wasn't working. We were more focused on have "7 other lessons taught" in one day than focusing on the people that really needed our help. And just in the past week, we have seen a HUGE difference. No. We didn't teach as many people this week, but the lessons we DID have meant so much more. We had a lesson with a less active member and his girlfriend and we taught them about the Atonement. It was so cool. There's a promise in Doctrine and Covenants somewhere that says if you put your faith in the Lord, he will give you the words to say. And that promise is REAL. I don't even know what I said. I can't remember. But Hna. Fullmer told me after that it was just what they needed to hear. I don't know how to explain it. But it was so cool. I'm so grateful that the Lord trusts me enough to do his work. And I'm so grateful for his help.

Remember how difficult it was for me to speak with people in ENGLISH? Yeah. Welcome to Argentina where I HAVE  to speak with people... in SPANISH. It's hard. But I put my trust in the Lord and He delivered.

In other news, we're hoping to move to a new pension some time this week. Hna. Fullmer is sick of ours. And I'm not gonna lie... it's kind of a dump. Okay yeah. It's really a dump. We have ants and our shower hasn't worked for almost 3 weeks. So... we use a bucket everyday. Once again I say, "'¡BIENVENIDO A ARGENTINA!" Just part of life here in the good ole south. But yeah. We're gonna move.

Also, we had to do divisions TWICE this week, and both times, I stayed here in the area. It was kind of scary. Not going to lie. The first division, I did with a member. Not even another missionary. AH! Crazy. It really gave me a chance to test the waters. THE TRAINING WHEELS ARE COMING OFF FOLKS!! Okay. Technically not for another 3 weeks but still. It was fun to get to work with Sol too. Because she's awesome. (see picture attached)



That's about it for this week. It was a big week but at the same time, I feel like nothing happened. I guess that's just the mission. It was really hot this week. But that's just summer in Formosa. Okay.

Tortuga (In Jack Sparrow's Voice)
I'm peacing out.
Best wishes, Hermana Hein

No comments:

Post a Comment