Tuesday, September 29, 2015

After all, there's only one more week 'til Conference

Buen día a todo el mundo. Hoy es un día muy especial. Quizás se están preguntando por qué. Porque es p-day. La mejor.

Also. Conference is just around the riverbend. And I cannot WAIT. Oh man. Conference. It's like a vacation on the mission. You just get to sit in a room with other missionaries and soak up the words of the living prophets and apostles. Words inspired of God. Tell me that's not the best thing. Anyway. Hna. Beckstead and I are working hard to get as many people to the conference as physically possible. We printed off some invitations and are not hesitating to give them to every person we meet. And now I'm extending that invitation to all of you. WATCH CONFERENCE. You may not be able to join us en la capilla por la 3 y 16, but you can turn on your TV or your computer and receive the words of the prophet directly. Some of you can even go right to the conference center. Take advantage of this awesome opportunity to listen to the prophet's voice.

Okay. I'm done with my exhortation. Now, I wanted to talk a little bit about Rodolfo. Yup. That's right. Hogwarts: Argentina's very own Divination professor. Previously, in the Rodolfo Saga, he had told us that he had gone to church before. When we introduced ourselves as missionaries, he ran inside and came back out with a Book of Mormon that some other missionaries had left 7 years ago. "The only reason I never got baptized was because they told me I had to give up my divination practice." he explained. "I just can't give it up. It's my DESTINY." Alright, pal. Good luck.

This week, we were in the area and we thought we'd go see how he was doing. We weren't entirely sure why we felt like we should go visit him, but alas, that's how the spirit works. He let us right in and we sat down on two rickety wooden chairs outside his house. "I've decided" he began, "that I'm tired of this. I really don't get that much business. And I'm just bored. It's not doing anything for me." Wait. Last week you said it was your destiny and now, you're saying you're bored?? What happened? Hna. Beckstead and I exchanged a glance and shrugged. "So... will you get baptized?" we asked him. "I think that with time, when I fully give up my divination, yes." Sweet. We walked away from the lesson a little bit shocked. It's interesting how the Lord prepares people to receive the Gospel. Who knows what will happen with Rodolfo. But after one week, he decided his witchcraft wasn't worth doing anymore.

During my studies this week, I learned a lot about what I can do to better serve. The base of it all? Love. Classic. A little cliche. I know. But it's true. We can't do anything to help anyone else, if we don't love them first. Something I try to do with every person we talk to, is imagine them through Christ's eyes. Through Heaven's eyes you could say. If we can see people through the eyes of our loving Saviour, it's so much easier to sincerely serve them. Christ loves everyone, no matter their social situation or the trials they're facing. And we can and should do the same.

Love you all,
Hermana Hein

   

No comments:

Post a Comment