Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Scripture for my Missionary Plaque

The scripture I have chosen to go on my Missionary Plaque and I guess to be the theme of my mission is found in D&C 84:88. It reads:

"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." 

Also, tonight when one of the Stake Presidency came to set me apart, he read this scripture to us from D&C 31:3-8. It reads:

 3 Lift up your heart and rejoice, for the hour of your mission is come; and your tongue shall be loosed, and you shall declare glad tidings of great joy unto this generation.

 4 You shall declare the things which have been revealed to my servant, Joseph Smith, Jun. You shall begin to preach from this time forth, yea, to reap in the field which is white already to be burned.

 5 Therefore, thrust in your sickle with all your soul, and your sins are forgiven you, and you shall be laden with sheaves upon your back, for the laborer is worthy of his hire. Wherefore, your family shall live.

 6 Behold, verily I say unto you, go from them only for a little time, and declare my word, and I will prepare a place for them.

 7 Yea, I will open the hearts of the people, and they will receive you. And I will establish a church by your hand;

 8 And you shall strengthen them and prepare them against the time when they shall be gathered.

The spirit was really strong tonight as I was officially set apart as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am scared and excited to start this new adventure tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment