Tuesday, April 14, 2015

A Day Late...

Yeah I know... I'm a day late. Can't control the weather here in Argentina. (I meant that metaphorically but it works literally too.) Yesterday, we had interviews with President, so they changed P-Day to today.

Interviews were great. I always love interviews with President Franco. He's so cool. While he was doing the interviews with each companionship, we had the pleasure to be capacitated by (???), taught by? Hear a message from??? (What is English?) the assistants to president. Their message was this: What type of missionary are you going to be? Are you going to be fishers, who sit and wait for something to come to them, or are you going to be hunters, and go out searching for the people who need us. And I loved that. We have to act. Hope + Action = Faith. (I hate math.) I gotta have more faith. Can't do this work without it.

In other news, Hector, Laura, and Federico all made it to church on Sunday. And Hector FINALLY accepted a baptismal date. We're going to have to work really hard to teach him all the lessons if he's going to get baptized before the end of the transfer. As for Laura and Federico, they're doing so good. Still fighting against the smoking habit but they found this weekend, after our encouragement to pray and read the Book of Mormon everyday, that cigarettes made them feel sick and before, that had never happened. Yup. That's the power of God, friends. Believe it.

We've been working a lot this week on listening more to the spirit and following his promptings. And already we've seen the results of that. We decided to contact a random tower of apartments in Barrio Guadalupe just because we felt like we should and we found a lady who is good friends with the member we live with. Hermana Lezcano told us that Juana has always wanted to go to church and see how it is but she always thought that the missionaries were only here to help the members. She just had one tiny misconception about the missionaries, but thanks to the guidance of the Spirit, we cleared it right up. We're excited to see where it all goes.

As always, I'm grateful to be here in Argentina. There's a reason I'm here. I know that much. I may not know exactly what that reason is, but if I can trust in the Lord, I don't need to know. Because He does. Already a third of my mission is gone. I have one year left to give everything I have to the Lord. I've already seen miracles. And I can't wait to work for this entire year. Who knows what will happen? Not me. But there would be no fun in that.

Until next week,
Hermana Hein

No comments:

Post a Comment