Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Blank Slate

Greetings from Chaco! (How weird... I thought it would always be Formosa...) Winter is in full swing here in Resistencia and I'm loving it! I always liked the cold better than the heat... and then I got sent to Argentina! Haha Yeeeaaaahh... Nah. It's great. I love it. And the new area is awesome!

The neighborhood horses. That's a thing.
There's a LOT of horses here.
I've only been here in Resistencia for a week, but from what I've seen I don't mind it at all. Maybe it's just the fact that I was in the same area for 5 transfers... But it's been so nice to see a new area. It's a breath of fresh air. And I love it. Our area isn't super huge... apparently it used to be bigger but then it got split so the assistants to president would have a place to work. So now, it's a bit smaller. But there's still so much to see and so many people to talk to. I love it.

We have one investigator named Lucas who's the grandson of a member in our ward. He's great. We're hoping he can be baptized on the 4th of July. Yeah. FREEDOM! (from sin... haha so funny.) I'm pretty sure yesterday was his 3rd time to church so now, we just need to finish teaching him. The race is on! Also, Hna. Tello and I are sister training leaders so we have to do divisions this week with the Hermanas that are in El Colorado, which is like an hour and half away from here so that's gonna cut our time here in our area a little bit short. Time is the true enemy of the missionary.
Lucas wanted Hna. Tello to wear his hat, so we took some gangsta pics.
Haha. Riddikulus. 

Being a missionary is a weird thing. It's such a privilege to be able to say that I'm here as a representative of Jesus Christ. My purpose is to help others come to know Him. I have such joy in my life for the blessings I've received from the knowledge I have of Christ and His Atoning sacrifice. And know, I have the chance to help others have that same joy. What a blessing. I am thankful to the Lord everyday for giving me this chance. It's my responsability to use this time, and do the best that I can. I know Christ lives. I know that He gave His life to give us the chance to better ourselves and come unto Him. Moroni 10:32 "deny yourselves of all undgodliness... then is His grace sufficient for you, that by His grace ye may be perfect in Christ"

Con amor,
Hermana Hein

No comments:

Post a Comment