Monday, June 29, 2015

The Gospel Changes People

Another p-day... Here we are again.

The majority of this week was spent inside as Hna. Tello was sick with some kind of cold/flu mutant and was confined to her bed the majority of Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. And being the non-sick missionary really isn't too exciting... Okay no. It's not exciting at all. But alas. You do what you have to do: Study. Haha
For that reason, we were not able to do divisions this week with the Hermanas in El Colorado. We feel bad because we keep changing our plans. But you have to coordinate well when you have to travel so far to do divisions. This week for sure. We sí o sí have to do them. So that will be fun. (If it happens. Haha kidding.) Divisions are a great opportunity to learn. Even until my last day in the mission, there will be things I can learn. And I always learn something from divisions. Just seeing how other people work or react to crazy mission situtations is a learning experience. I'm excited.

In other news, Lucas is doing great. We had a really great, spiritual lesson last night about the temple and what makes it different from the church. It was really great. The spirit was there and Lucas felt it. He's made a lot of changes in his life thanks to his new knowledge of the Gospel. That's because it's true.

If there's one thing that testifies to me of the truthfulness of the Gospel, it's the changes I've seen it make in people. I've only had two areas thus far in the mission, but I've met a lot of people. And I've seen the Gospel work miracles. It doesn't matter where we are or what we've done, Christ's teachings apply to ALL of us. Because we all need to be healed in one way or another. And it's an absolute privilege to see that healing take place. I'm not anybody. I'm just a tool in the Lord's hands. And it's an honor.

Sorry that once again, this was such a shorty. We did lose half the week thanks to the imperfections of the human body. Haha. I didn't have any pictures either. Sorry. Next week will be more exciting. But until then, take care.

con cariño,
Hermana Hein

No comments:

Post a Comment