Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Not in Kansas anymore...

Hello All:

Transfer Tuesday. Guess where I got transferred? Resistencia. Capital. Am I amped? Yes I am. It's a whole new world here in Chaco. We're definitely not in Kansas--er-- Formosa anymore. Here I am, companions with Hermana Tello de Chile. She's so cool. She actually got to the mission the same time I did. I'm super stoked to work with her. It's a weird thing, transfers. You get to the new pensiĆ³n and think, "What can I touch? Do I need to ask permission to use the bathroom?" But no. You don't. Haha. Lots of transition. But as I've said before, that's the mission.

Hma. Dustin & me at the bus station. Good bye for now.
Not going to lie, it was a little hard leaving Terminal. I've been there for 5 transfers and I definitely felt like it was time to move on. But spending 8 months in the same area definitely gives you time to make a lot of lasting friendships. And I've never been good at goodbyes. It's rough. But it will be really good to have fresh eyes searching for those the Lord has prepared. And I'm excited to help new people.

Yesterday, as I was riding on the bus over here, I was thinking back on my first bus ride in Argentina and how terrified I was. I had no idea what I was doing. But as I was on the bus leaving Formosa, I didn't have that fear anymore. The Lord doesn't call the qualified. He qualifies the called. Those first transfers were hard, but the Lord helped me through. He knows what I have to do and He's been preparing me from that first day. and He still is. I'm a missionary now. This is life. And it's awesome.

Into the City
With every transfer, every new area, and every new companion, you learn something new. I'm not sure what it's going to be this transfer, but I know that whatever it ends up being, it's what I need. We're not put in these places with these people on accident. The Lord knows what He's doing. Just gotta be humble and do what He asks. That's when the miracles come.

One last Formosa sunset.
Well, sorry this was such a shorty. My brain isn't really present today. But anyway, I'm grateful to be here and excited to get to work.

With lots of love, Hermana Hein

No comments:

Post a Comment