Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Over the Hill

Welp. It's been 9 months. Can't. Handle it. Time in the mission is so weird... I think back on my first couple of week in the mission and it seems like it was yesterday. But then, when I think back on everything that's happened in that time... it's been a lifetime... So weird. It's like a time vortex.

This week was pretty good, the highlight of the week being Consejo. A big meeting for all the leaders of the mission. It was great. I always loving hearing from President Franco. He takes his calling so seriously and really works hard to make sure we're all okay. And every time I have the privilege to hear from him, I'm so uplifted by his wisdom. Together, we read the story of David and Goliath and talked about how we don't need to be afraid because the Lord will fight our battles for us. We may some times feel small and inadequate to the task at hand, but if we put our faith in the Lord, it doesn't even matter if we're facing a 9 foot giant with naught but a sling and 5 stones. We can do anything. I was also able to see Hna. Nakken at Consejo so that was pretty great. ALSO... that day was the day of my cumple mes. 9 months. Which obviously calls for a whole bunch of ice cream. No complaints there.
Half-way there...
 Other than that, not much happened this week. We met a bunch of new people, so we're hoping to see some progress there. It's been crazy. We've lost a lot of time in the past couple of weeks for various reasons, but we're hoping to get some good work done this week. We have to do divisions again this week and interviews with President so this week is going to fly. And next week is week 6 ya! WHAT??? I JUST BARELY REALIZED. I CAN'T. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE TRANSFER??? Well... It's almost over. That's awkward...

Well... sorry this week was so boring and all over the place. It was a good week. Even though it seemed really short and uneventful. But anyway. The work goes on. There is no rest for the servants of the Lord, as I said to Lucas the other day.

Scarves made by Hermana Franco
As always, I just want to bear testimony of the truthfulness of this Gospel. Everyday, I have the privilege of witnessing the changes it makes in people's hearts. Even mine. True conversion doesn't happen until we learn to love the Lord and show our love by obeying the commandments. I have learned to love the Lord because I've learned who He really is. I'm so grateful to Him for His sacrifice for me and for all the people I care about. He lives. I know it.
At Consejo

Love you all!
Hermana Hein

PS. Pics. A ful laso de helado por 9 meses! Also, Hna. Franco knitted scarves for ALL OF THE HERMANAS IN THE MISSION. So Hna. Tello and I decided to take some model shots. And of course. Lookin fly for consejo.

No comments:

Post a Comment