Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Heart, Might, Mind and Strength

Hola todos!

All the new trainers and trainees at the Resistencia terminal.

Que loco esta semana, ¿no? I'm a trainer. And this week was crazy. I still have NO IDEA what I'm doing. But I have had the chance to see just how much I've learned and grown since I first got to this country 3 months ago. And that change is... BASTANTE. Let me tell ya'll (vosotros? no. chiste) about mi nueva compañera: Hermana Dustin. She's awesome. She's from Richfield, Utah and is straight Gringa. Which means... she doesn't speak much Spanish. And guess what else? I don't speak much Spanish either... Haha. So It's been an adventure. But let me tell you something else: The gift of tongues is REAL.

 Hna. Dustin, yours truly, Hna. Fullmer, and
her new hija, Hna. Cluff

For the past little while, I've felt like all the Spanish in my brain is all twisted around. It's all there. I know the conjugations and everything. But I couldn't make sense of it. It still struggled to understand people up till that last day with Hermana Fullmer. But that first day with Hermana Dustin, it ALL clicked into place. There's still LOADS I have to learn, (let's not even talk about Past Subjunctive right now) but I can communicate. It's crazy. But all I have to do is OPEN MY MOUTH and the Lord does the rest.

Yesterday at church, we met this woman named Jaqueline. She introduced us to a little girl named Angelina who's either her... daughter? Niece maybe? Not sure. But she told us that Angelina needed to be baptized. But that she needed the missionary lessons first. And she live in our area. So... we are going to teach Angelina. And she's going to be baptized. I'm so excited. We have struggled so hard in our area for a long time. We have been working hard and talking and teaching as much as we can. But we just haven't found anyone to teach. But here we see that the Lord delivers. We need to do our part first. And after, He'll do the rest.

I'm so grateful to the Lord for this opportunity to teach His gospel here in Argentina. It's been a struggle. La lucha es real. SIEMPRE. But it's been worth every moment. I have grown so much and will continue to do so for the next 13 months. Every blessing is from Him. And I am so GRATEFUL. I would not be able to do this crazy thing without His help and I'm glad He's with me.

Tarantula we found outside of church.


Great Tan Lines!

Thanks for all your love and support. Hope this week is DE DIEZ.

Con Amor, Hermana Hein



No comments:

Post a Comment