Monday, December 15, 2014

Pure Gold...

This week was pure gold. Some days here are really hard. It's hard to stay focused, it's hard to stay positive, and it's hard to speak without feeling like a complete idiot. But there are going to be those days. And while that sucks, it's not going to change. The only thing that can change is me. And yeah. I had those days this week. But the good that comes from this work, will ALWAYS outweigh the bad.

We had a baptism this week! My first in the mission. And I'm really happy. Good ole Norberto. Haha. His girlfriend is a recent convert who referred us to him. So, he took the discussions and now, here he is. The newest member of the Church. Norberto's great. So willing to learn and change. He understands why we have certain commandments that other people don't understand. It was hard to find time to teach him though because he works... always. We could only teach him like... twice a week during the siesta. And let me tell you what, it gets HOT during the siesta. But we did it. And Norberto seems really happy.

In all, I didn't really do much. I can teach okay. But it's very simple. And then Hna. Fullmer asks me to explain tithing in Spanish and things go right downhill. Haha. I'm grateful that I've had the opportunity to teach Norberto. It has been a great learning experience for me and I'm grateful that I was able to have some small hand in helping him be baptized. We couldn't have done this without the Lord. We couldn't do anything that we do without Him.

Also this week, we found a new investigator who I already love to death. Her name is Areceli and she's amazing. She's so open to learning and truly wants to understand. She's smart and thinks for herself and doesn't let the opinions of others get in the way of her desire to learn. We took her on a tour of the church this week and the spirit was so strong. We testified and we testified and testified, over and over again of the truthfulness of this Gospel and of the reality of the Atonement and how it can bless us everyday. (Pretty much all I can do is testify so this was bueno.) And she felt it. The Spirit was there. And he was speaking to her. And she heard him. It was amazing.

This Gospel is real. The Lord lives. And everything he does is to help us. I am so full of humility and gratitude to the Lord EVERYDAY. I couldn't do this without him. I have done things here in the mission that I NEVER would have had the guts to do before. Because I have asked for His help. And He has responded in FULL. I want everyone to know that I know. I want everyone to know that I have felt his love in every aspect of my life. Everyday there is another struggle. But this also means that everyday there's another opportunity to learn and grow through the love of the Lord. I am so excited to see what else I will learn here in the mission. It's been 4 weeks. And already I am so different from who I was when I left in October.

I hope this week is a good one for all of you. Keep the Lord in the loop and it will be. I promise.

Lots of Love,
Hermana Hein

No comments:

Post a Comment