Monday, December 29, 2014

To new beginnings...

Another Christmas... gone... And soon... another year. Crazy. But enough of that. This week was... a little trunky... Not gonna lie. We had to be back in our pensiĆ³n by 7:00 on Christmas Eve and on Christmas because there's loads of drunk people in the streets. So we didn't have a ton of time to work. Not to mention, everyone was travelling this week. So... yeah. What we ended up doing, was taking cards around to our investigators and less active members in our area. We made some delicious (if I do say so myself) Christmas cookies and took those around too. It was pretty successful considering how dead the streets were on Christmas morning.


But by and far the best part of Christmas was getting to talk to my family. So good. But again... made me a little trunky. Haha. Hermana Franco, (the mission president's wife) told us the first day in the mission that the cure to pretty much everything is to work. And she's right. December 26 went right back to normal. And we worked. And all the trunkiness was gone. Also. It was fetching hot on the 26. I thought for sure I was going to melt right into the streets of Formosa and be lost forever to the world. I hear that January is the worst though. So... I have many hot days ahead. Guuuhhhh....

There really isn't much to report this week. We've been teaching Alex and Teresa and they seem really interested in learning about the Gospel. Alex loves praying and says that he wants to live all the commandments and everything. But when we try to get them to church, there's always something that interferes. Satan is working really hard against us and against Alex and Teresa. It's so obvious that he DOES NOT want them to be baptized. Bueno. All the more reason to help them.

Transfers are this week. Wednesday. We still have no idea what is going to happen. But here's the thing. We have to be inside by 7 again on New Year's Eve because of all the drunkards in the streets. But if I get transferred, I move on New Year's Eve. And who even knows how far I'll have to travel. I don't know what's going to happen. But basically, I'm a ranger (from the North) here in the mission. Always moving around, living out of a bag, helping people... You know... We just take things as they come here in the mission. It's all part of the adventure.

That's pretty much it for this week. Hopefully this next week is a bit more exciting. But until then, so long.

Love,
Hermana Hein

Pics: Christmas cookies and milk for Santa. (who doesn't exist here BTW) and Skype!! Wooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment