Monday, March 16, 2015

Our Hearts Beat as One

This week was pretty rough here in the mission. I don't know how many of you already heard about Hermana Scadlock passing away this week. It was a big shock, and really hard on a lot of missionaries here. I didn't know Hermana Scadlock really well. I'd only met her a couple of times, but from the two or three times I talked to her, I could feel her amazing spirit. She was and still is an amazing missionary.

In times like these, I am indescribably grateful to the Lord. Without Him, I am nothing. If there is one thing I have learned over and over again here in the mission, it's that the Atonement has the power to strengthen us in our times of trial, despair, weakness, pain, and sin. It is SO real. I will never understand HOW He did it. But I will always be grateful. I can't possibly imagine the degree of love that Jesus Christ has for every single one of us. It's a struggle everyday for me to find a fraction of that love for some of the people here. He suffered SO MUCH so that every single person on this Earth would have the chance to live again, without sin, temptation, and sorrow. And we will. Because of Him.

I have been so humbled this week by the events that have taken place. I was getting complacent here in my work and that's not okay. I realize now that I need to dedicate EVERYTHING to the Lord in order to pay Him back a PORTION of what he paid for me. I am so grateful for this opportunity that I have to serve Him here in Argentina. The missionary program is so inspired. And I know that all of us are in His hands. I trust Him. No matter what.

Just yesterday, we taught a woman named Laura, who found out about the Gospel through friends. She saw that they had something she didn't and wanted to know what it was. So here we are. She's already recieved some of the discussions from some Elders in a different area. But she lives in our area. So, they sent her name to us and now, we have the wonderful opportunity of teaching her the Gospel and helping her achieve her goal to be baptized.

Thank you to everyone who reads these emails. I feel so supported in this desicion I made to serve the Lord. It's a wonderful opportunity and I will never regret it. Please keep the family of Hermana Scadlock in your prayers. She's a great example to me. I know the Lord lives. And I know that because of Him, death is not the end. Just another step in our journey to Eternal Life. This is His church and I know it's true.

CuĂ­dense mucho.
Hermana Hein


No comments:

Post a Comment