Monday, March 30, 2015

Autumn has finally arrived.

It's here. At last. This whole weekend, there was a chill in the air and dark clouds in the sky. It was... AMAZING. I even broke out the good ole denim shirt. *see foto attached* It was pretty much the best day of my life. And yesterday? I wore a coat and a scarf. WHAT?? As it turns out, I'll probably only get to wear my beloved winter clothes for like, one or two weeks in the whole mission. Shame. I rock winter garb. Oh well. I've just accepted the fact that I'm not going to look nice for the next year.
Breaking out the Chambray!


This week, we continued teaching Laura and Federico. They're great. And working so hard to be able to be baptized. Because, as it would happen, they smoke. And they have to quit before they can get baptized. When we told them they had to stop, there was no hesitation, no doubt as Laura answered, "Okay. We'll quit then." Laura is so great. She has so much strength and is fighting so hard to do what she knows is right. The amount of faith she has is astounding. And she's not even a member yet. She lifts up everyone around her and encourages them to be better too. They told us that they want to be our family away from home. They're the sweetest. I love them a lot.

It's crazy that it's already General Conference. Which means I'm going to hit six months next week. What even happened? I can't believe it. If I just look back at the past six months without thinking, it seems like I haven't accomplished anything. Sometimes, it's hard to see the influence we have. But numbers don't mean everything. We may not have baptized Oscar, but we sure as heck taught him the importance of the Book of Mormon. Hna. Alamo still hasn't come back to church, but we've showed her that we care about her by encouraging her to return. Araceli still is fighting against baptism, but we lifted her up in her time of heartache. We can't let ourselves get discouraged when we don't see the results we want. All we can do is try to be more like Christ in every moment. Anyway. I'm stoked for conference. Hopefully we can get Hector to at least ONE session. Oh Hector... so full of surprises... I feel like he would LOVE conference. I guess it all depends on whether or not it rains. Since Argentines' hate rain... which is why Hector didn't come to church again this week. *sigh* oh well.
Rice is good for something. We dropped our phone in the sink.

That's pretty much all I have for this week. It was pretty tranquilo. Which I guess is okay. It just makes my emails kind of boring. Oh well. Thanks to all who read this epistle of mine. It's an adventure, the mission. That's for sure. But I'm grateful to be here.

Sending lots of love up north,
Hermana Hein

No comments:

Post a Comment